Saturday, July 5, 2008

Xcerpts "Wings Of Fire".....By APJ........my picks !!!



Being Unorthodox

".....all reasonable men adapt themselves to the world. Only a few unreasonable ones persist in trying to adapt the world to themselves. All progress in the world depends on these unreasonable men and their innovative and often non-conformist actions."


Knowing to Kindle and Restrain

"For all your days prepare
And meet them ever alike
When you are the anvil, bear ---
And when you are the hammer, strike "


Uniting your Avocation and Vocation

"Bread baked without love is a bitter bread that feeds but half a man's hunger.....those who cannot work with their hearts achieve but a hollow half hearted success that breeds bitterness all around. If you are a writer who secretly prefer to be a lawyer or a doctor, your written words will feed but half of the hunger of your readers............The personal unhappiness and failure to achieve results that comes from being a round peg in a square hole is not, by any means new...."

What India forgets.........the world remembers...

"I started my work at the Langley Research Centre (LRC)......From LRC I went to the Goddard Space Flight Centre (GSFC)..........towards the end of my visit I went to the Wallops Flight Facility at Wallops island in east coast Virginia.......base for NASA's sounding rocket programme. Here I saw a painting prominently displayed in the reception lobby. It depicted a battle scene with a few rockets flying in the background. A painting with this theme should be the most commonplace thing at a Flight facility, but the painting caught my eye because the soldiers on the side launching the rockets were not white, but dark skinned, with racial features of people found in South Asia.......my curiosity got the better of me, drawing me towards the painting. It turned out to be Tipu Sultan's army fighting the Brittish. The painting depicted a fact forgotten in Tipu's own country but commemorated here on the other side of the planet. I was happy to see an Indian glorified by NASA as a hero of warfare rocketry."

In Partnership with God.....

I have always been a religious person in the sense that I maintain a working partnership with God. I was aware that the best work required more ability than I possessed and therefore I needed help that only God could give me. I made a true estimate of my own ability, then raised it by 50% and put myself in God's hands. In this partnership, I have always received all the power I needed, and in fact have actually felt it flowing through me. Today I can confirm that the kingdom of God is within you in the form of this power, to achieve your goals and realise your dreams."

Wings to our Innate Fire.....

".....never feel small or helpless. We are all born with a divine fire in us. Our efforts should be to give wings to this fire and fill the world with the glow of its goodness."

Some more update will be made.....SoOn !

No comments: